No FNM this week, but lots of Worlds Watching!

So I didn't get to hit FNM this week. One of the side effects of being a dad is that I sometimes have to, you know, be a dad. So I was home with my daughter for the evening, and avidly watching my twitter and the MTG pages who had coverage for all the worlds info I could get my hands on. I am specifically interested in standard tech and extended tech, as I wouldn't mind getting into the extended format, and you all know my love for standard. I was perusing the decks that did well and found one I think is awesome, and for which I have most of the cards already:


Masashi Oiso, 15 points
2010 World Championships, Extended


60 cards
4  Flooded Grove
4  Forest
4  Island
4  Misty Rainforest
1  Mountain
1  Murmuring Bosk
1  Plains
1  Scalding Tarn
4  Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle
1  Verdant Catacombs

25 lands





0 creatures
4  Cryptic Command
4  Cultivate
3  Explore
4  Mana Leak
1  Negate
4  Preordain
4  Prismatic Omen
4  Rampant Growth
3  Scapeshift
4  Wargate

35 other spells

Sideboard
2  Firespout
4  Great Sable Stag
2  Jace, the Mind Sculptor
3  Kitchen Finks
1  Qasali Pridemage
3  Wurmcoil Engine

This deck is so cool!  Combo kill, tutoring, counterspells that hit everything, ramp.  Love it!
So what was your favorite deck from worlds?
U/B Faeries?
U/B Polymorph?
 - Rogue Insight

Comments

  1. Conley's deck is pretty awesome (courtesy of Quiet Spec):

    4 Necrotic Ooze
    4 Devoted Druid
    1 Quillspike
    4 Fauna Shaman
    1 Thornling
    1 Grim Poppet
    1 Molten-Tail Masticore
    1 Reveillark
    1 Shriekmaw
    4 Fulminator Mage
    4 Acidic Slime
    2 Makeshift Mannequin
    2 Primal Command
    4 Thoughtseize
    4 Birds of Paradise
    3 Forest
    3 Swamp
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Misty Rainforest
    1 Murmuring Bosk
    4 Gilt-Leaf Palace
    4 Twilight Mire
    2 Tectonic Edge


    Sideboard

    1 Skinrender
    2 Shriekmaw
    1 Obstinate Baloth
    2 Maelstrom Pulse
    4 Kitchen Finks
    2 Memoricide
    2 Duress
    1 Cloudthresher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, too bad it breaks MTGO in half every time someone goes infinite, heh. Otherwise, it's a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts