PTQ - Edison Sealed Pool - How would you build it?

So I went to the PT Paris PTQ in Edison.  It was huge. 294 participants.  There was a lot of talk going around about the guy with the double Contagion Engine, Sword of Body and Mind, plus a lot of infect. There were Pro's aplenty, including Gerard Fabiano, Christian Calcano, Osyp Lebedowicz, Nick Spagnolo, Jon Sonne, and many others I probably didn't run into.  Quite the difficult pool of competitors for a second time PTQer like me who hasn't spent a lot of time learning the format.  I knew this going in though and had given myself a goal for the day.  I was going to have fun.  I was going to film a lot of my time there to make a vid about PTQing.  I did both of these things.  What I didn't do was perform well with my sealed pool.  So here it is, tell me what you think, and how you would build your 40 out of these 84.


Artifacts:
Chrome Steed
Culling Dais
Darksteel Juggernaut
Darksteel Sentinel
Glint Hawk Idol
Gold Myr
Grafted Exoskeleton x2
Horizon Spellbomb
Ichorclaw Myr
Leaden Myr x2
Moriok Replica
Necrogen Censer
Neurok Replica x2
Nim Deathmantle
Palladium Myr
Panic Spellbomb
Perilous Myr
Razorfield Thresher
Saberclaw Golem
Soliton
Strider Harness
Sylvok Lifestaff
Throne of Geth
Trigon of Corruption
Trigon of Infestation
Trigon of Thought
Wall of Tanglecord

Land:
Seachrome Coast
Glimmerpost
Island (foil)

White:
Abuna Acolyte
Ghalma's Warden
Glimmerpoint Stag
Glint Hawk x2
Loxodon Wayfarer
Salvage Scout
Sunblast Angel
Whitesun's Passage


Blue:
Darkslick Drake
Disperse
Lumengrid Drake
Plated Seastrider
Screeching Silcaw
Steady Progress
Turn Aside
Twisted Image

Black:
Blackcleave Goblin
Bleak Coven Vampires x2
Blistergrub x2
Contagious Nim
Corrupted Harvester
Exsanguinate
Fume Spitter
Grasp of Darkness x2
Instill Infection
Necrogen Scudder
Psychic Miasma x2

Red:
Ferrovore
Galvanic Blast x2
Melt Terrain
Ogre Geargrabber
Oxidda Daredevil x2
Shatter
Turn to Slag

Green:
Copperhorn Scout
Cystbearer
Engulfing Slagwurm
Ezuri, Renegade Leader
Slice in Twain
Tel-Jilad Defiance
Tel-Jilad Fallen
Untamed Might
Wing Puncture

So that's the pool I was passed.  How would you have built it?  I'll post my builds when I post the video, which isn't done yet.
 - Rogue Insight

Comments

  1. I would have gone BW or BR. Probably BR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. rbw is actually strong if u build ur base properly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey man, it's your 5th round (I think) opp, Alex. :) Very cool blog and will def be back to check it out some more. Looking forward to seeing some vids from Edison. My buddy Dave had the 2xContagion Engine/Sword deck. He went 7-2. I scrubed hard at 4-4...One thing me and my buddies have come to believe about Scars Limited is that it is THE most bomb driven format, maybe ever. Honestly, if you aren't packing Hoard Smelter or Carnifax Demon, it's going to be hard to make t8. We could be wrong but I'm curious to see what the t8 decks are looking like lately. Keep it up! See you in Philly on Sat?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately I'll be working on various things this entire weekend, some good stuff, some a bit more odorous, and won't make the Philly event. Hope you do well! Good meeting you, and yes it was 5th round. I'll get the video posted, it's just been a really busy week. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts