Another Updated Architect Blue list

Ok, I knew this was a good deck before Ali Aintrazi went and T8'd SCGDC (Grats Ali!), but now I'm even more excited to keep working on the list! Here's my updated version, with a few tweaks.  Want to beat Caw Go?  This is the deck for you.
I haven't yet put the Enclave Cryptologist package into the deck, but I really should.  It's so good.  Not sure what to cut for it, but it's going in.  There is also going in a sylvok lifestaff package for aggro, maybe instead of the elixirs of immortality I have currently.  Otherwise, it's here.  As usual, if I had Jace, the Mind Sculptor, he'd be in here.

Architect Blue
60 cards, 15 sideboard
4 Inkmoth Nexus
14 Island
1 Mystifying Maze
4 Tectonic Edge


23 lands


4 Renegade Doppelganger
3 Thrummingbird
4 Grand Architect
2 Treasure Mage
2 Trinket Mage
4 Kuldotha Forgemaster
1 Steel Hellkite
1 Wurmcoil Engine
1 Myr Battlesphere
1 Blightsteel Colossus


23 creatures


1 Chimeric Mass
4 Everflowing Chalice
4 Ratchet Bomb
1 Strata Scythe
2 Tumble Magnet
1 Contagion Engine
1 Mindslaver


14 other spells


Sideboard
4 Into the Roil
1 Thopter Assembly
1 Wurmcoil Engine
1 Blightsteel Colossus
1 Platinum Emperion
3 Elixir of Immortality
3 Mimic Vat
1 Semblance Anvil


15 sideboard cards

Sideboard is a work in progress, as is the deck, but it's powerful.  It's fast, hard to disrupt, and amazingly able to turn around seemingly lost games and win from nowhere.


I went 2 rounds in FNM this Friday, and never dropped a game.  I dropped to draft, but I always felt like I was in the game.  There was never a point where I thought that my opponent had done something that I couldn't overcome or outmaneuver.

Comments

  1. Opinion/Suggestions:
    - Semblance Anvil seems sort of moot in your deck. With the deck's incredible ramp capabilities from the architects and chalices, I don't see an immediate need for it, especially as a 1-of. I would empty that sideboard slot.

    - This is more of a matter of preference, but I don't think you'll ever need to run 2 Blightsteel Colossus main deck. I would empty that sideboard slot also.

    - As for the Enclave Cryptologists, I would suggest removing 1 Renegade Doppelganger and 3 Ratchet Bombs. If you agreed with my above suggestions, you could move 2 to the sideboard to fill those empty spots (maybe even all 3 if you dropped an Elixir of Immortality).

    All in all, your deck is packed pretty tight and its gonna be tough to find that perfect list.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts